Life Outside the Lines
Creating art with dementia
PRODUCED BY SARAH WYMAN
In early 2017, Sarah's grandfather passed away from complications of vascular dementia. Her family never truly dealt with his diagnosis, and the end of his life felt totally disconnected from how he lived.
So Sarah set out in search of a better way to live with dementia. This is what she found.
(1) "Things Held Within" featured works of art created by Arts & Minds participants with dementia and their caregivers.
(2) Beverly Brody and her daughter Robin admire work created by Arts & Minds participants at "Things Held Within."
(3) A lit candle celebrates the lives of Arts and Minds participants Emmanuel (Manny) Jacobson, Polly Runyon and Celia Wickham.
(4) Irwin Becker corrals his family for a group photo.
(5) Landon Wickham poses next to two of the pieces he created for the exhibition.
Gigi Cioffi and Giac Spanola
Peggy and Carlos Hernandez
Jeremy Bloom and Tobin Low